To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries
- Aldous Huxley

Friday 19 July 2013

Packing the bags

I finished work yesterday, last working day for 14 months...aside from the 2 months in Malaysia but I don't consider Diving actual work. At that time it hadn't hit me that I was leaving for 14 months to travel the world.

Today, the house was officially sold. No more mortgage, no more debt. I feel like I have taken the Delorian back to my early 20's when I had nothing to my name and lived with my parents. It still hadn't hit me.

Tonight I went through packing my bags, everything is ready to go, and it still hasn't really hit me yet. I'm not nervous, I'm not worried. This isn't like any other time I've gone on a trip, and the longest I've been away is 5 weeks. This is 14 months. When I get back to Australia full time I will be 30.


This is home for the next 14 months.

I'm not sure why I don't have my usual case of 'this a bad idea-itis'. Don't get me wrong, I am excited beyond anything to go on this trip, and to see the world. But it is nice to finally not second guess myself in what I am doing.

It's liberating.



No comments:

Post a Comment